Yep, it was going to come sooner or later. Today it came from one of my regular readers, turntherice, so I’ll play along. But I’m not going to perpetuate the cycle, since most of the people I know have already been tagged and I hate to bother them. So here are the questions and my answers.
1. What do you think about the 2012 end of world “crisis”? Is it hogwash? A misunderstood interpretation of the Mayan calendar?
There’s a word for this “crisis”, but it’s not appropriate for my generally family-friendly blog. Many cultures have predicted the end of the world and it hasn’t come yet. When I went to Mexico, my guide explained that it’s simply a new cycle of the calendar, nothing to worry about. I’m not going to lose sleep over it.
2. If the world were to really end, what’s one thing you’d like to do before you die?
That information is classified.
3. What’s your best advice to new bloggers?
Stick to a regular blogging schedule, whether it’s once a day or once a week. Your readers will expect regular posts and you’ll lose them if you don’t. Also, comment on other people’s blogs in your niche to build an audience and connect with other bloggers.
4. If Pinnochio lies, does his nose grow?
According to Shrek, yes.
5. What’s one thing you could not live without in your daily life?
Sleep. I couldn’t live without my precious sleep.
6. What’s the most interesting news you’ve read/heard about recently?
Well, the whole
clown circus GOP nomination process is pretty amusing. There’s always something new from GOP headquarters, whether it’s Herman Cain’s many scandals, Newt Gingrich’s arrogance or Mitt Romney’s very odd speeches. “The trees are just the right height…” Puh-lease.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? At what point can one consider oneself “in love”?
Nope. Love at first sight is based on looks, therefore it is lust or infatuation. As for when someone can consider themselves in love, I suppose it’s when you feel completely comfortable with your partner and accept all of their flaws without trying to change them.
8. What do you think of reality television?
Idiotic. A waste of air time. When will it go away?!
9. How many countries have you visited? Which would you like to visit?
I’ve visited three different countries, if you count stopping in the USA for a while to change planes. I’d like to visit Egypt since I would like to see all of its rich history, but that trip will be far in the future. I’m definitely going to wait until things calm down there, if they calm down at all.
10. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
Barbecuing. Or eating Spitz. I love my food, probably more than I should.
11. What’s stopping you?
Stopping me from what? Barbecuing? Blogging? Sleeping? Pretty much nothing except myself.