Since I made a formal book reviewing criteria post, I just want to remind everyone of my policy, which I will do periodically. I didn’t have a formal post until August 1st, but I did mention some points in my FAQs (such as giving me a free book not guaranteeing you a good review). So here is the full post:
What I Review
- Teen-targeted self-help
- All of the major YA genres: romance, fantasy, sci-fi, historical, realistic, etc.
- Nonfiction teens would be interested in.
- Self-published fiction that fits the above guidelines.
What I WILL NOT Review
- Erotica. Not interested, people.
- Spiritual fiction. I will not touch religion on this blog.
- Poetry. Unless you’re Dante, Homer or Virgil.
- Short stories (unless they’re in an anthology).
- Any unpublished work.
So your book fits the criteria, great! What do you do next?
1. You must contact me via the Contact page here on my blog.
2. I check my email three times per day, so I expect you to at check it at least once. I don’t like waiting around for an author’s reply for days.
3. You must have a blog and/or official website as well as membership to 2 or more social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Fark, Reddit, etc. If I have to take time out of my day to read and review your book, you had better take the time to publicize my review, but only if it’s good. I certainly don’t expect you to publicize a bad review.
4. When you contact me, you must be able to provide me a free copy either in PDF or paperback. I personally prefer physical copies of books, but I know shipping to Canada can be costly.
5. When you give me a free copy of your book, it does not guarantee you a good review. I give full disclosure in a review when an author has contacted me to prevent any conflicts of interest. I review all of the books I read honestly and if you don’t like it, don’t bother wasting my time.
6. You may mention if you want to do a giveaway or interview, but you must wait until I publish your review before we actually go through with it. I’m not going to do a giveaway for a book I didn’t like. You must also have a sizable enough social network to promote it through so I can actually get more than 5 entries. Otherwise, it’s just a waste of my time and your money.
I reserve the right to accept or refuse your request on a case-by-case basis.