UPDATE: The lovely Ms. Diantha Jones designed this button for me, which you can all paste on your blogs as part of the challenge if you like. Just please link the picture to my first challenge post here.
Well it’s January 1, 2013 and so my reading challenge has now started. In case you missed it, I figured out how I’m going to do the draw.
1. Mad Reviewer: 104 books in one year (4 entries)
2. Crazy Reviewer: 52 books in one year (3 entries)
3. Slightly Sane Reviewer: 26 books in one year (2 entries)
4. Sane Reviewer: 12 books in one year (1 entry)
I am still figuring out the exact prize, which will likely be larger than I first thought because Mark Lee of The Masquerade Crew is once again helping me out by pooling our resources. That’s really all I can say right now, but just know that the prize is likely more than just one free book.
I forgot to mention that if you’re new here and want to join the challenge, be my guest! Anyone can join between now and the deadline (11:59pm Central Time December 31, 2013). Anyone who reaches their first goal can upgrade and head on to the next level or if they don’t reach their high goal, will have the number rounded off to the next lowest level.
Here is a list of the people currently participating in the challenge. If your name is on there but you want to drop out, let me know in the comments. If your name isn’t on there but you want to join, let me know in the comments. And if you want to upgrade right now, let me know in the comments. Basically: if there’s any changes, let me know.
1. Me (of course); Mad Reviewer.
2. Margaret of Steam Trains and Ghosts; Sane Reviewer.
3. Thomas of the quiet voice; Crazy Reviewer.
4. Devina of Hot chocolate and books; Crazy Reviewer.
5. Manno of Dilettante Artiste; Crazy Reviewer.
6. Raya of midnight coffee monster; Slightly Sane Reviewer
7. James of jameskennedybeijing; Mad Reviewer
8. Caleb of 20four12; Mad Reviewer
9. Chris of Thoughts From A Locked Bathroom; Mad Reviewer
10. A Little Coffee of A Little Coffee with my Cream and Sugar; Sane Reviewer
11. Cecilia of Lowly’s Book Blog; Mad Reviewer
12. Alyson of SnifferWalk Books; Mad Reviewer
13. Mark Lee of The Masquerade Crew; Sane Reviewer
14. Stacy of Deception; Mad Reviewer
15. Shirley of fordsthoughts; Sane Reviewer
16. Diantha of DJ’s Book Corner; Crazy Reviewer
17. Rebecca of Apocalypse Reads; Slightly Sane Reviewer
18. Sharon of sharonstevenson; Mad Reviewer
19. Tammy of Writing Nook; Mad Reviewer
20. Ashutosh of Ashutosh’s Blog; Slightly Sane Reviewer
21. Megan of Thoughts of a Future Author; Sane Reviewer
22. Kim of Read Your Writes Book Reviews; Crazy Reviewer
23. Stella of Stella Atrium’s Official Website; Sane Reviewer
24. Scatty of The Big Nerd; Crazy Reviewer
Well, that’s 22 people who have joined (not counting myself). Hopefully as the challenge goes on, some others may join, but for now I’m actually quite pleased with how many people have signed up. I’m also quite impressed at how many people are going for the higher levels of Mad and Crazy Reviewer. So far 13/24 are on the upper levels, not counting myself.
So the challenge has begun. Good luck reading and reviewing and please notify me as soon as you reach your goal (or want to upgrade) so I can verify your reviews and start entering names in my draw.
(I am resisting the strong urge to say ‘May the odds be ever in your favour.’ Oops, too late!)