As a book blogger, I’m quite used to getting books in my mailbox. I don’t get several a week like some reviewers do, but I do receive a couple every month. Sometimes I don’t remember where these came from or whether they’re from a publisher, author or giveaway. Usually a quick glance through my inbox will tell me whether I’m supposed to be reviewing it right away for a publisher or author or whether I won it in a giveaway and can put it in my leisure reading pile.
Which brings me to my current dilemma. Last week I received two books in the mail: The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan and Doomed by Tracey Deebs. As you can see, they’re not by the same author (not even the pen name is the same) and the publishers are different (Delacorte Press, a division of Random House and Bloomsbury respectively).
Since I actually don’t win that many giveaways, I am in doubt as to whether this was a giveaway prize because I would remember winning two books. At least, I hope I would. Especially since the mysterious sender went through all that trouble to ship me two hardcover books from the US at a cost of over $20!
So here are my clues to this mystery:
- The authors are not the same
- The publishers are not the same
- I don’t remember winning a giveaway with these as prizes (or it was a giveaway and I wasn’t contacted by the prize provider beforehand)
- This package was sent to me by an M. Boone of G something ville, USA (the writing is illegible)
- They used the wrong postal code (one letter off) so the package was lost in Quebec and Ontario before making its way here
Well, I’m putting it out there for you guys: Where did these books come from?