Last week was a week consisting of generally mediocre books but record-breaking statistics, so I guess it wasn’t all that bad after all. This coming week should be even better! This is partly because on Monday I will be publishing my 500th book review. When I started my blog almost two and a half years ago I never dreamed I’d reach 500 book reviews so this is quite the milestone for me.
- I’ll admit that The Memoirs of Cleopatra has taken me quite literally months to finish but I’m loving it so much that it’s going to be the book I review for my 500th review milestone. Margaret George has such an interesting writing style and she’s obviously done her research so even though this is a monster of a book I’m enjoying it.
- I’ve been sick and grouchy lately which means that I have another rant coming up for Monday. This one is called ‘How Not to Criticize a Book Reviewer’ and it draws on some experiences I’ve had throughout the 2 1/2 years I’ve been blogging.
- A review of The Lion and the Rose by Kate Quinn. I didn’t expect to like Giulia Farnese so much but she comes out as one of my favourite heroines by the time Kate Quinn finishes her story. The ending of this book was quite the surprise, believe me!
- A review of Zombies vs. Robots: No Man’s Land by Jeff Conner. This anthology really isn’t the sort of book I’d normally pick up but the publisher approached me with a pre-approved NetGalley link so I figured I’d give it a shot.
- A book review of Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn. After finishing The Lion and the Rose I wanted to see how Kate Quinn would handle ancient Rome and I have to say that the results were quite interesting.
- Book Blast: The Replacement by Rachael Wade
- Discussion: Reading Slumps. Do you ever get those times when you just don’t feel like you have the energy to read? How do you get over them?