Last week was tough for me in my personal life, what with my boss/mentor/role model passing away from leukemia. Understandably, my scheduling was a bit messed up but now I’m ready to try to get back to normal and start moving on.
- A review of Curses & Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter. I read Cleopatra’s Moon by the same author nearly a year ago and loved it so when I heard Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours was doing a tour for her latest book I had to sign up. We’ll see if it was worth it!
The latest installment in my writing pitfalls series called Writing Pitfalls: Pacing. Pacing is often a huge issue when it comes to books and I’d like to offer a little advice to authors who have trouble with it.
- A review of The Sekhmet Bed by L. M. Ironside. This is the missing review from last week. It was recommended to me by a friend when it was free on Amazon and it’s certainly one of the best books I’ve read in a long time.
- A review of The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. I’ve been rushing through her series lately and am currently on the final book so I think that’s a good indication of the quality.
- Book Blast: The Lost Duchess by Jenny Barden
- Discussion: Unadaptable Books.